2023 Prague International Art Exhibition
Thank you for considering entry into the first biennial 2023 Prague International Art Exhibition sponsored by the International Unitarian Church of Prague. The exhibition runs from 18 May through 1 June 2023 in the recently renovated Čapek Hall, Anenská 5, Prague 1, Czech Republic. The online exhibition runs from 20 May to 20 June 2023. You can submit one, two or three works of art. The registration fee is CZK 200 (currently $8.67, €8.10, £6.93) for each work of art and can be paid via PayPal. You can pay all your contributions (1, 2 or 3) at once. The deadline for entry is 1 March 2023.
Jana Tichá, Ph.D., is senior lecturer at the Faculty of Architecture of the Czech Technical University in Prague and has curated exhibitions of visual art, architecture and design.
Isabella Evangelisti, Ph.D., has taught courses in art history at Trinity College Dublin and has been a regular contributor to the Irish Arts Review Journal.
1 March 2023 Deadline for entry
31 March 2023 Notification of acceptance
8 May 2023 Shipped artwork due
12 & 13 May 2023 Hand delivery of artwork
18 May 2023 Vernissage & Awards Presentation
The opening reception is free and open to all.
20 May – 20 June Online exhibition
1 June 2023 Last day of exhibition
6 June 2023 Shipped artwork returned
First Place 15000 Czech Crowns
Second Place 10000 Czech Crowns
Third Place 5000 Czech Crowns
People’s Choice Certificate
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all artists, working in: Drawing (charcoal, graphite, pastel, pen & ink, pencil, etc.), Fine Craft (ceramics, clay, fiber, furniture, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, wood, etc.), Graphics (computer art, digital art, printmaking, etc.), Mixed Media, Other, Painting (acrylic, airbrush, gouache, oil, watercolor, etc.), Photography, and Sculpture. ORIGINAL WORK ONLY.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED WORK:
- Framing: All two-dimensional artwork must be ready for hanging with wire or hanger, but no sawtooth hangers. Entries that do not comply with framing criteria will be returned at artist’s expense and disqualified from the exhibition.
- Shipping: Artists are responsible for all shipping and return shipping fees. Shipped two-dimensional artwork requiring glass must be under plexiglass. Instructions for shipping will be sent via Artist Acceptance Letter. Return shipping fee for each shipped artwork will be on a case-by-case basis.
- Artwork withdrawal/removal: Accepted artwork must not be changed from the submitted digital entry, nor withdrawn once accepted. Work may not be removed until the close of the exhibition.
SALE OF ARTWORK
- Accepted artwork can be stipulated by the artist as “Not for Sale” or “For Sale.”
- A donation of 20% is requested on sales, which will be donated to green charities in the Czech Republic.
Ensure that all the following statements are true.
- You confirm that if your artwork(s) is chosen, it will be exhibition ready.
- You confirm that the artwork entered is completely your own original design and artwork.
- You confirm that images of your artwork selected for exhibition may be used in the online portion of this exhibition as well as for publicity purposes.
- You confirm that should your artwork be selected, you remain responsible for the delivery or packaging and shipment of the work to and from the exhibition venue.
- You confirm that you agree to the following terms & conditions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You, the artist, shall retain all copyrights of any of your submitted images.
- Your images will be used only for promotional and display purposes and for the online exhibition.
- You agree to allow your artwork to be available for public viewing as part of the exhibition and the online exhibition.
- Disclaimer: Care and precautions will be taken for the safe custody of works of art in this exhibition. Works of art can, however, only be received on condition that neither the International Unitarian Church of Prague, the Religious Society of Czech Unitarians, nor the officers of these organizations shall be liable for any loss or damage to works of art, howsoever caused, which might occur while they are part of the exhibition process or in transit.
By submitting your artwork, you agree that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions of this submission. Enter now at EntryThingy